The New Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 Series Switches
How to choose your untypical IT equipment? Why you should choose an untypical network device? Here, we will share a new featured product for you: the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Series Switches.
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches offer 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, making them an ideal choice for use as access switches in industrial environments to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points and IP phones. These switches provide high-bandwidth switching (Layer 2) and proven Cisco IOS Software-based routing (Layer 3) capabilities to improve uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment.
- Superior bandwidth and capacity-56-Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with 28-Gigabit-Ethernet (GE) ports
- High-density, industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) or PoE Plus (PoE+) support for in-line power to up to 24 devices
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Robust resiliency enabled by a dual-ring design with 4x Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), EtherChannel, and Flex Links support
- Easy deployment, with zero-touch discovery using DHCP and an express setup with a swappable SD flash card
Industrial environments can be tough on any equipment, but especially on networking hardware. Your typical IT equipment was never designed to withstand the poundings, dirt, and grime found in most industrial environments. Plus, these pieces of equipment require significant reconfiguring to serve the computing and technology needs of industrial manufacturers and utilities.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 (IE4010) Series Switches are flexible and scalable industrial Ethernet switches. They were developed specifically to withstand rugged industrial environments meeting industrial customers’ needs. With 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, it’s suitable to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points, or IP Phones.
The ruggedized Cisco IE4010 Series forms the foundation of a wide array of technology solutions for multiple industries, such as:
• Factory automation
• Smart cities
• Substation automation
• Intelligent transportation systems
Benefits-The New Cisco IE 4010 Series Switches
• Reduced downtime through highavailability technology to facilitate networkwide resilience and increased IP network availability
• Lower operating costs with inline power for PoE/PoE+ devices, allowing easy installation and updates without an overhaul of the electrical layout
• Improved security with integration of security policy enforcement within the switch without creating traffic bottlenecks
• Investment protection from software licensing, which offers new improved software features without requiring hardware upgrades
• Improved efficiency of your internal IT and operations teams using a single, standardized platform
• Increased speed and flexibility needed to bring products to market and adapt to changing business challenges
How It Works
The Cisco IE4010 Series complements other Cisco IE product families, delivering high performance, rich feature sets, and extensive and scalable Power over Ethernet (PoE)/PoE+ options.
The switches can be set up and operated easily by your internal IT and operations staff, helping you automate industrial processes much more quickly. The embedded Cisco IOS Software also allows you to quickly integrate new switches and connect all your industrial endpoints for greater visibility, control, and access and can automatically detect new endpoints whenever they’re brought online. Plus, with the built-in Cisco SmartPorts technology, your staff can assign the correct quality-of-service (QoS) functions for a desired connection quickly and easily.
An embedded web-based Device Manager provides real-time visibility of your switch configuration and performance. The color-coded displays and animated indicators of the application help simplify management and monitoring tasks. It also has alert functions that help you identify and solve networking problems when they arise.
Designed Tough and Built for Industrial Use
The Cisco IE4010 Series Switches were built to withstand and even thrive in harsh operating environments and temperatures ranging from –40 to 75°C. With no moving parts, the switches come enclosed in tough casings designed for serious protection from dust, dirt, grime, high humidity, electromagnetic fields, and extreme vibrations. They support network standards and protocols such as Ethernet/IP, CIP, and Profinet so you can set up and connect industrial equipment and automation applications quickly and easily.
Use Case Examples
• Increase solution redundancy and connect high-speed automation devices in connected factories and electrical substations by using uplinks to form redundant ring topology and provide multiple Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
• Connect access points and provide high-speed Wi-Fi coverage along oil/gas pipelines and mining fields in remote locations.
• Provide bandwidth and large amounts of PoE ports required to support citywide surveillance IP camera infrastructure.
• Connect mass transportation to provide voice, video, and data services to passengers.
Easy to Deploy and Manage
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches use the same Cisco IOS Software with which you’re already familiar, so switch integration and connecting endpoints are simple. Out-of-the-box configuration enables you to set a switch up with one click. It also contains line-rate, low-latency forwarding with advanced hardware assist features—for example, Network Address Translation (NAT), Multilayer Traffic Prioritization, Multicast, IEEE 1588, and support for multiple traffic protection technologies including Cisco REP and PROFINET MRP and more—to make interoperability and management tasks easier and more efficient.
The solution supports all of the security features you expect in a Cisco switch, including 802.1x port security, dynamic port-based authentication, encrypted administrative traffic, IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption, FIPS compliance, centralized authentication, and more.
Industrial Power over Ethernet
With PoE, you can connect and power devices using a single cable. These switches support high-density, industrial PoE/PoE+ support for up to 24 devices, including IP cameras and phones, badge readers, wireless access points, and more. PoE helps you reduce complexity in your warehouse or factory, lower costs of necessary wiring and other equipment, and enjoy the flexibility and freedom of ready-to-use devices.