Aggregation Services Router (ASR) offers the industry’s highest density Carrier Ethernet system, with superior edge and aggregation performance.
The Cisco ASR 9000 series routers are the cornerstone of modern Edge and Carrier Ethernet networks.
Network traffic surges. Links saturate. Systems overload. Customer complaints flood the call centers. What’s going on? One possibility is a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
Cisco ASR 9000 virtual DDoS (vDDoS) protection defends your network against DDoS attacks by embedding Arbor Networks DDoS detection and mitigation technology into your Cisco network. You can automatically mitigate all types of DDoS attacks against your network or your customers’ networks. The solution protects your network against different types of DDoS attacks—such as volumetric, state exhaustion, and application layer attacks—helping to ensure its continued availability.
And you can also use the capability to provide DDoS protection services to your customers to increase your revenue and retain customers.
The ASR 9000 powers a virtual Peakflow Threat Management System on its Virtualized Services Module (VSM), so you can deliver DDoS protection services to market fast.
• Add distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection to Cisco ASR 9000 deployments with no extra rack space, power, or cooling requirements.
• Combine existing Arbor Threat Management System appliances with comprehensive vDDoS protection.
• Distribute DDoS protection to the network edge to avoid backhauling traffic across backbones to regional scrubbing centers.
• Deliver DDoS protection services faster on the ASR’s Virtualized Service Module (VSM).
• Mitigate attacks using Peakflow workflows to protect your availability and manage your Peakflow and vDDoS protection deployments.
Detection at the Edge
The ASR 9000 vDDoS protection solution unleashes the power of the Cisco ASR 9000 to stop DDoS attacks at the network edge. All before attacks can pass into your network and your customers’, consume critical bandwidth, and cause collateral damage. Normal traffic passes uninterrupted.
This approach eliminates the need to route attack traffic across your backbone to centralized scrubbing centers for cleansing. And it keeps your network edge from getting congested.
Unlike other DDoS solutions, Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS protection is a virtualized, network-embedded DDoS solution. Detection and centralized management take place through the Arbor Networks Peakflow GUI and its workflows.
Increase the ROI of your existing Cisco ASR 9000 router deployment with virtual DDoS protection – of your own network and that of your customers in the form of new services – without needing any additional rack space, power, or cooling.
What You Buy
● Cisco ASR 9000 Series router (models: ASR 9006 Router, ASR 9010 Router, ASR 9912 Router, or ASR 9922 Router)
● Cisco ASR 9000 Series VSM
● Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS Protection
● Arbor Networks Peakflow
● Support for all components
● Arbor Networks AIF subscription
● DDoS attack detection in as little as one second
● Up to 40 Gbps of mitigation through the ASR 9000 Series VSM
● Up to tens of terabytes per second of blacklisting
● Deployments scale for Tier 1 service provider networks
● Multitenant customer portal
…If you want to read more about the Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS Protection Solution, such as DDoS Detection and Mitigation-How it works, models and Options available, you can refer to the Cisco’s page:
More Cisco Router Topics…
Need an affordable router? Never give up important network services? Which router will fit you? Uh, if you need an affordable router but don’t want to give up important network services such as security, you can take a look at the Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers. These Cisco ISRs deliver the secure, reliable WAN connectivity your small offices and remote workers need.
Whether you need built-in voice, wireless, WAN optimization, or machine-to-machine communications, there’s an 800 Series router that’s cost-optimized for your requirement.
Different models in the series support different connection types to serve the specific needs of your small office. That could be xDSL, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, Ethernet, fiber, or something else. You choose the models that best serve your situation.
Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers--Benefits
• Get full-service branch routing at the right price
• Choose from a variety of wired, wireless, and cabled WAN connection types
• Set up and manage your small-office router in minutes
• Get software features consistent with your Cisco routers in other network segments
• Balance affordability with enterprise-grade security and reliability
Routing, switching, wireless, and intelligent IP network services are all bundled into one compact form factor that’s quick to install using the Cisco Configuration Professional Express tool. So you get lots of functionality with a single hardware investment. That also means there’s only one device per site to manage. And you can manage all of them centrally, if you like, from a data center with Cisco Prime Infrastructure and LiveAction applications.
The 800 ISRs provide comprehensive security–encryption, VPN, firewall, and cloud-based URL filtering–to help you safeguard your customers and data.