Data center customers are facing 2 big challenges today.
- How can they support data-hungry apps like streaming video, or apps that use artificial intelligence and machine learning?
- And how can they keep growing their networks, without having to replace them every time?
Now Cisco announces the new 400 Gigabit Ethernet (400G) switches that will give customers an edge to meet the need for bandwidth and scale.
• The new 400G switches allow customers to create more powerful networks, more cost-effectively and in a fraction of the space.
• They provide four times the bandwidth and four times the scale of existing switches without using four times the power.
• And since the new switches are built on Cisco’s leading Nexus portfolio, customers can choose to deploy 400G in the way that best meets their needs.
• They can be used on their own or in combination with Cisco’s leading security, automation, visibility and analytics software.
Cisco rolled out four models, two each in the Nexus 3400 and Nexus 9000 lines.
These next-generation 400G (Gigabit Ethernet) switches have four times more throughput than the networking giant’s current 100G offerings.
The two webscale 4300 switches are both built round the same single-chip 12.8Tbps ASIC, with a claim of 470ns latency. The 3432D-S packs 32 400Gbps ports into one rack unit (RU), while the 3408-S takes up four rack units to give a more flexible package to mix and match with lower speed ports.
The enterprise switches are slower, with a 6.4Tbps fabric and, as with the webscale products, there are two models: the Nexus 93600CD-GX, 1RU switch with 16 400Gbps ports, and the 9315D-GX, also a 1RU switch, but with 32 ports to allow lower capacity links to be included.
- Cisco’s two new Nexus 3400-S switches for hyperscale companies will be available for customer evaluations in December.
- The two new Nexus 9300-GX switches for large enterprises and service providers will be available for customer evaluations during the first quarter of 2019.
More Data Sheets of New Nexus 400G Switches:
- Nexus 9316D-GX data sheet
- Nexus 93600CD-GX data sheet
- Nexus 3432D-S data sheet
- Nexus 3408-S data sheet
The HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server delivers security, agility and flexibility without compromise. Supports the Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family with up to a 71% performance gain and 27% increase in cores , plus 2666 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory supporting up to 3.0 TB  with an increase in performance up to 66% . With the added performance that 12 NVDIMMs and 10 NVMe bring, the HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 means business. Deploy, update, monitor and maintain with ease by automating the most essential server lifecycle management tasks with HPE OneView and HPE iLO 5. Deploy this 2P secure platform for diverse workloads in space constrained environments.
HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10-Features
Industry-leading Performance with Versatile Compute
- HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server supports industry-standard technology leveraging the Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 28 cores, 12G SAS and 3.0 TB of 2666 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory.
- With support for up to 12 NVDIMMs per chassis and 2X capacity of first-generation HPE NVDIMMs, HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server delivers up to 192 GB per system.
- Achieve greater capacity with flexible drive configuration options with up to 10 SFF and four LFF drives along with an option to support up to 10 NVMe PCIe SSDs delivers enhanced performance, capacity, and reliability to meet various customer segments and workload requirements at the right economics HPE Persistent Memory, the world’s first non-volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) optimized on HPE ProLiant , offers up to 20X reduction in database restart time preserving maximum uptime. 
Innovative Design for Flexibility and Choice
The premium 10 SFF NVMe chassis backplane provides the ability to mix and match SAS/SATA and NVMe within the same chassis along with 8 + 2 SFF and 4 LFF chassis that supports new uFF and M.2 storage options.
Embedded 4x 1GbE along with HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup 1GbE, 10GbE, or 25GbE adapters provides flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
Unmatched expandability is packed in a dense 1U rack design with up to three PCIe 3.0 slots.
HPE iLO 5 enables the world’s most secure industry standard servers with HPE Silicon Root of Trust technology to protect your servers from attacks, detect potential intrusions and recover your essential server firmware securely.
Millions of lines of firmware code run before the server OS boots and with Runtime Firmware Verification, enabled by HPE iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition, the server firmware is checked every 24 hours verifying validity and credibility of essential system firmware.
Secure Recovery allows server firmware to roll back to the last known good state or factory settings after detection of compromised code.
Additional security options are available with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to prevent unauthorized access to server and securely stores artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms while the Intrusion Detection Kit logs and alerts when the server hood is removed.
Industry-Leading Serviceability and Deployment
HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server comes with a complete set of services offered by HPE Pointnext, delivering confidence, reducing risk, and helping customers realize agility and stability.
Services from HPE Pointnext simplifies the stages of the IT journey. Advisory and Transformation Services professionals understand customer challenges and design an enhanced solution. Professional Services enables rapid deployment of solutions and Operational Services provides ongoing support.
Services provided under Operational Services include-HPE Flexible Capacity, HPE
Datacenter Care, HPE Infrastructure Automation, HPE Campus Care, HPE Proactive Services and multi-vendor coverage.
HPE IT investment solutions help you transform to a digital business with IT economics that align to your business goals.
 Intel measurements: Up to 71% performance increase of Intel Xeon Platinum vs. previous generation E5 v4 average performance based on key industry-standard benchmark calculations submitted by OEMs comparing 2-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 to E5-2699 v4 Family processors. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. May 2017. Up to 27% performance increase of Intel Xeon
Platinum versus previous generation comparing 2-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 (28 cores) to E5-2699 v4 (22 cores). Calculation 28 cores / 22 cores = 1.27 = 27%. May 2017.
 Comparing 8 GB NVDIMM to 16 GB NVDIMM equals 2X capacity increase, July 2017.
 Percentage compare Gen10 vs Gen9: Gen10 = 12 Channels x 2666 data rate x 8 bytes = 256 GB/sec. Gen 9 = 8 channels x 2400 x 8 bytes = 154 GB/Sec. 256/154 = 1.66 or Gen10 is 66% greater bandwidth, July 2017.
 HPE Internal Labs test. HPE Scalable Persistent Memory, restarting 1000 GB Hekaton Database is as fast as restarting 200 GB database or 20x, March 31, 2017.
 HPE 8 GB and 16 GB NVDIMMs are the first NVDIMMs supported on HPE ProLiant Gen9 and Gen10 servers.