How to choose your untypical IT equipment? Why you should choose an untypical network device? Here, we will share a new featured product for you: the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Series Switches.
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches offer 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, making them an ideal choice for use as access switches in industrial environments to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points and IP phones. These switches provide high-bandwidth switching (Layer 2) and proven Cisco IOS Software-based routing (Layer 3) capabilities to improve uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment.
- Superior bandwidth and capacity-56-Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with 28-Gigabit-Ethernet (GE) ports
- High-density, industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) or PoE Plus (PoE+) support for in-line power to up to 24 devices
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Robust resiliency enabled by a dual-ring design with 4x Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), EtherChannel, and Flex Links support
- Easy deployment, with zero-touch discovery using DHCP and an express setup with a swappable SD flash card
Industrial environments can be tough on any equipment, but especially on networking hardware. Your typical IT equipment was never designed to withstand the poundings, dirt, and grime found in most industrial environments. Plus, these pieces of equipment require significant reconfiguring to serve the computing and technology needs of industrial manufacturers and utilities.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 (IE4010) Series Switches are flexible and scalable industrial Ethernet switches. They were developed specifically to withstand rugged industrial environments meeting industrial customers’ needs. With 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, it’s suitable to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points, or IP Phones.
The ruggedized Cisco IE4010 Series forms the foundation of a wide array of technology solutions for multiple industries, such as:
• Factory automation
• Smart cities
• Substation automation
• Intelligent transportation systems
Benefits-The New Cisco IE 4010 Series Switches
• Reduced downtime through highavailability technology to facilitate networkwide resilience and increased IP network availability
• Lower operating costs with inline power for PoE/PoE+ devices, allowing easy installation and updates without an overhaul of the electrical layout
• Improved security with integration of security policy enforcement within the switch without creating traffic bottlenecks
• Investment protection from software licensing, which offers new improved software features without requiring hardware upgrades
• Improved efficiency of your internal IT and operations teams using a single, standardized platform
• Increased speed and flexibility needed to bring products to market and adapt to changing business challenges
How It Works
The Cisco IE4010 Series complements other Cisco IE product families, delivering high performance, rich feature sets, and extensive and scalable Power over Ethernet (PoE)/PoE+ options.
The switches can be set up and operated easily by your internal IT and operations staff, helping you automate industrial processes much more quickly. The embedded Cisco IOS Software also allows you to quickly integrate new switches and connect all your industrial endpoints for greater visibility, control, and access and can automatically detect new endpoints whenever they’re brought online. Plus, with the built-in Cisco SmartPorts technology, your staff can assign the correct quality-of-service (QoS) functions for a desired connection quickly and easily.
An embedded web-based Device Manager provides real-time visibility of your switch configuration and performance. The color-coded displays and animated indicators of the application help simplify management and monitoring tasks. It also has alert functions that help you identify and solve networking problems when they arise.
Designed Tough and Built for Industrial Use
The Cisco IE4010 Series Switches were built to withstand and even thrive in harsh operating environments and temperatures ranging from –40 to 75°C. With no moving parts, the switches come enclosed in tough casings designed for serious protection from dust, dirt, grime, high humidity, electromagnetic fields, and extreme vibrations. They support network standards and protocols such as Ethernet/IP, CIP, and Profinet so you can set up and connect industrial equipment and automation applications quickly and easily.
Use Case Examples
• Increase solution redundancy and connect high-speed automation devices in connected factories and electrical substations by using uplinks to form redundant ring topology and provide multiple Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
• Connect access points and provide high-speed Wi-Fi coverage along oil/gas pipelines and mining fields in remote locations.
• Provide bandwidth and large amounts of PoE ports required to support citywide surveillance IP camera infrastructure.
• Connect mass transportation to provide voice, video, and data services to passengers.
Easy to Deploy and Manage
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches use the same Cisco IOS Software with which you’re already familiar, so switch integration and connecting endpoints are simple. Out-of-the-box configuration enables you to set a switch up with one click. It also contains line-rate, low-latency forwarding with advanced hardware assist features—for example, Network Address Translation (NAT), Multilayer Traffic Prioritization, Multicast, IEEE 1588, and support for multiple traffic protection technologies including Cisco REP and PROFINET MRP and more—to make interoperability and management tasks easier and more efficient.
The solution supports all of the security features you expect in a Cisco switch, including 802.1x port security, dynamic port-based authentication, encrypted administrative traffic, IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption, FIPS compliance, centralized authentication, and more.
Industrial Power over Ethernet
With PoE, you can connect and power devices using a single cable. These switches support high-density, industrial PoE/PoE+ support for up to 24 devices, including IP cameras and phones, badge readers, wireless access points, and more. PoE helps you reduce complexity in your warehouse or factory, lower costs of necessary wiring and other equipment, and enjoy the flexibility and freedom of ready-to-use devices.
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 has been updated, more new features are here. What are new features include? Let’s read the latest data sheet of Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831.
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 offers many improvements. New features include:
● Superior wideband acoustics with the first two-element speaker in a conference phone; this feature allows the phone to capture the full voice spectrum without having to compromise with a single-element speaker
● Expanded room coverage with support for daisy chaining two units
● Support for optional DECT wireless extension microphone: sold separately
● Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling
● Device authentication and signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Advanced Encryption Standard 128 (AES-128)
● Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) with AES-128
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 requires an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL) on Cisco UCM Versions 9.0 and later. For supported Cisco UCM versions before 9.0, a public space license is required.
More the newest info of Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831, such as the Product Specifications (System Specifications, Temperature, Safety and EMC), Ordering Information (including Cisco Call Control, Non-Cisco SIP Based Call Control, 8831 Accessories, Power Cords) you can read the full data sheet:
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 enhances people-centric communications, combining superior high‑definition (HD) audio performance and 360-degree coverage for all sizes of conference rooms and executive offices. It provides an audiophile sound experience with a full-duplex two-way wideband (G.722) audio hands-free speaker.
The IP Conference Phone 8831 is a simple, scalable solution that meets the challenges of the most diverse rooms. It provides flexible deployment options and expansion by using optional extension microphones that can be wired or wireless (Digital Equipment Cordless Telephone [DECT]) with a daisy-chain configuration of two units.
The IP Conference Phone 8831 has an industrial design with enhanced ergonomics that puts the user first. It offers a detached control panel so that the display may be easily viewed without having to move the entire unit. It also provides easy view of device mute status from all sides.
Supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Business Edition systems, the IP Conference Phone 8831 delivers a more productive, acoustically pleasing, and secure communications experience across sites and participants.
More Cisco IP Phone Topics
Built on the virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) platform, the Cisco Business Edition 7000 (BE7000) is equipped with premium Cisco Collaboration applications for voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center. Turn them on as your collaboration needs increase and easily scale your users and devices by deploying additional BE7000 servers. The modular building block design of BE7000 is ideal for deployments from several hundred users to tens of thousands of users, providing plenty of room for future growth.
Here’s what you get:
• Complete service offering: End-to-end collaboration capabilities include voice, video, conferencing, messaging, instant messaging and presence (IM&P), mobility, contact center, and more, for every user on any device from any location.
• Simplified deployment and management: Preconfigured virtualized servers come with ready-to-run virtualization software and ready-to-activate collaboration applications, significantly reducing time to dial tone.
• Scalable and highly available platforms: Get a building-block design: simply stack servers to add more users, devices, and collaboration capabilities. “Pay as you grow” platforms scale to support deployments of any size.
• Open and interoperable architecture: Innovative system transparently supports third-party applications and telepresence and video endpoints.
These powerful, centralized, feature-rich communications and collaboration solutions are optimized for large organizations with thousands of users and devices. And they are all deployed on one converged, centrally managed infrastructure. That means server hardware and virtualized resources are all integrated for easy procurement and faster, more cost-effective implementation.
Cisco Business Edition 7000 is a customizable collaboration solution that can help you:
- Delight your users with interactive, intuitive, easy-to-use collaboration
- Boost productivity with efficient, highly secure, connected workspaces
- Reduce complexity with a simple, easy-to-manage platform
- Lower total cost of ownership with cost-effective, time-saving operations
- Protect investments with a scalable, modular, stackable design
Integrated Versus Separate Solutions
Unified communications applications have joined voice and email as vital services for enterprise environments. With a BE7000, IT can deliver more with far less effort and cost. One integrated and interoperable platform offers all the communications and collaboration services you need. Each solution comes preloaded with all core applications ready to activate. This simplifies and reduces the time required to set up, install, and deploy collaboration capabilities across the organization. And a broad range of third-party applications is also supported, extending the breadth and depth of the platform to support the tools you prefer for your business – all centrally managed with one intuitive, easy-to-use management tool.