Cisco’s New Nexus 400G Switches, More Bandwidth…
Data center customers are facing 2 big challenges today.
- How can they support data-hungry apps like streaming video, or apps that use artificial intelligence and machine learning?
- And how can they keep growing their networks, without having to replace them every time?
Now Cisco announces the new 400 Gigabit Ethernet (400G) switches that will give customers an edge to meet the need for bandwidth and scale.
• The new 400G switches allow customers to create more powerful networks, more cost-effectively and in a fraction of the space.
• They provide four times the bandwidth and four times the scale of existing switches without using four times the power.
• And since the new switches are built on Cisco’s leading Nexus portfolio, customers can choose to deploy 400G in the way that best meets their needs.
• They can be used on their own or in combination with Cisco’s leading security, automation, visibility and analytics software.
Cisco rolled out four models, two each in the Nexus 3400 and Nexus 9000 lines.
These next-generation 400G (Gigabit Ethernet) switches have four times more throughput than the networking giant’s current 100G offerings.
The two webscale 4300 switches are both built round the same single-chip 12.8Tbps ASIC, with a claim of 470ns latency. The 3432D-S packs 32 400Gbps ports into one rack unit (RU), while the 3408-S takes up four rack units to give a more flexible package to mix and match with lower speed ports.
The enterprise switches are slower, with a 6.4Tbps fabric and, as with the webscale products, there are two models: the Nexus 93600CD-GX, 1RU switch with 16 400Gbps ports, and the 9315D-GX, also a 1RU switch, but with 32 ports to allow lower capacity links to be included.
- Cisco’s two new Nexus 3400-S switches for hyperscale companies will be available for customer evaluations in December.
- The two new Nexus 9300-GX switches for large enterprises and service providers will be available for customer evaluations during the first quarter of 2019.
More Data Sheets of New Nexus 400G Switches:
- Nexus 9316D-GX data sheet
- Nexus 93600CD-GX data sheet
- Nexus 3432D-S data sheet
- Nexus 3408-S data sheet