Posts with #cisco routers tag
The Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall is the smallest model in the new 5500 Cisco series of hardware appliances. Although this model is suitable for small businesses, branch offices or even home use, its firewall security capabilities are the same as the biggest models like 5510, 5520, 5540, etc.
The Adaptive Security technology of the ASA firewalls offers solid and reliable firewall protection, advanced application aware security, denial of service attack protection and much more. Moreover, the performance of the ASA 5505 appliance supports 150Mbps firewall throughput and 4000 firewall connections per second, which is more than enough for small networks.
The difference of the 5505 model from the bigger ASA models is that it has an 8-port 10/100 switch which acts as Layer 2 only. That is, you cannot configure the physical ports as Layer 3 ports, rather you have to create interface VlANs and assign the Layer 2 interfaces in each VLAN.
By default, interface Ethernet0/0 is assigned to VLAN 2 and its the outside interface (the one which connects to the Internet), and the other 7 interfaces (Ethernet0/1 to 0/7) are assigned by default to VLAN 1 and are used for connecting to the internal network.
Basic Steps to Configure Cisco ASA 5505:
Step1: Configure the internal interface vlan
ASA5505 (config)# interface Vlan 1
ASA5505 (config-if)# nameif inside
ASA5505 (config-if)# security-level 100
ASA5505 (config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
ASA5505 (config-if)# no shut
Step 2: Configure the external interface vlan (connected to Internet)
ASA5505 (config)# interface Vlan 2
ASA5505 (config-if)# nameif outside
ASA5505 (config-if)# security-level 0
ASA5505 (config-if)# ip address 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.0
ASA5505 (config-if)# no shut
Step 3: Assign Ethernet 0/0 to Vlan 2
ASA5505 (config)# interface Ethernet0/0
ASA5505 (config-if)# switchport access vlan 2
ASA5505 (config-if)# no shut
Step 4: Enable the rest interfaces with no shut
ASA5505 (config)# interface Ethernet0/1
ASA5505 (config-if)# no shut
Do the same for Ethernet0/1 to 0/7.
Step 5: Configure PAT on the outside interface
ASA5505 (config)# global (outside) 1 interface
ASA5505 (config)# nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
PS: PDATE for ASA Version 8.3
From March 2010, Cisco announced the new Cisco ASA software version 8.3. This version introduced several important configuration changes, especially on the NAT/PAT mechanism. The “global” command is no longer supported. NAT (static and dynamic) and PAT are configured under network objects. The PAT configuration below is for ASA 8.3 and later:
object network obj_any
subnet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
nat (inside, outside) dynamic interface
Step 6: Configure default route towards the ISP (assume default gateway is 188.8.131.52)
ASA5505 (config)# route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 184.108.40.206 1
The above steps are the absolutely necessary steps you need to configure for making the appliance operational. Of course there are much more configuration details that you need to implement in order to enhance the security and functionality of your appliance, such as Access Control Lists, Static NAT, DHCP, DMZ zones, authentication etc.
---From Tech 21 Century
Cisco ASA 5500 Series: Stop security attacks before they affect business continuity. Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances provide intelligent threat defense and highly secure communications services. These solutions help organizations lower their deployment and operational costs while delivering comprehensive network security for networks of all sizes
Router-switch.com, your reliable source for new & used Cisco ASA 5500 Series… More info.. click RouterSwitch.com to see…
Zoya Fallah shared her fantastic experience of Her first Cisco ūmi Call With her dad with Cisco readers and friends, details from her description: “Recently, my dad bought me a Cisco ūmi Home TelePresence system so we could keep in touch face to face. I must say, being able to see him in my living room whenever I want is fantastic. Our first call was ideal, because his cousin Ruthie happened to be visiting from Ohio. I’d never met her before (although she says we met when I was a baby). It was so cool to “meet” her in person, and put a face to the name I’d heard for so long. It really was like being there.” In some ways, it indicates a new level of video chat.
Nowadays, with the development of Information Technology, video call, video chat, and video conferencing have been built around us and our connecting world. Video has lost its mystery since we can carried a device mobile phone, digital camera or camcorder, iPhone, iPad or Flip capable of recording video. What’s more, in an age of YouTube and Facebook, people can share their favorite experience and story with people who come from all over the world.
Today a typical home broadband connection can easily handle full-screen standard definition video and a good one can do HD. In addition, nearly all laptops feature built-in cameras. Indeed, video chat and video call change our daily life.
Mobile devices, however, are still a challenge because of the challenges of moving quality video over wireless networks. So network manufacturer such as Cisco, Netgear, TP-LINK, Huawei, trying to find a best solution to improve people’s video chat and call. 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, in some sense, achieved the situation on video chat.
It’s obvious that video calling and chat are becoming increasingly important. Achieving its full benefit is going to require continuing network improvement, especially in wireless. With the effort of network manufacturer, we hope that we can enjoy the convenience that brought from Information Technology.
Cisco Notes: Besides Cisco’s new ūmi Home TelePresence system, Cisco supplies different types of Cisco IP Phones VoiP to business and clients. More info about Cisco IP Phones VOIP series you can visit RouterSwitch.com to see.
Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series, fixed configuration Enterprise class switch with PoE functionality in Fast and Gigabit Ethernet configurations, is intended to provide high-performance network switching while reducing power consumption relative to previous Cisco switches for use in corporate networks. It could also be used for environments in branch office.
Catalyst 3560 Cisco Switches support network switching for voice and video data. So you can use the Express Setup utility that ships with Cisco 3560 switches to configure a Cisco 3560, so that it can be attached to the network.
How to Configure Cisco 3560 Series? Do the following guide to finish your Cisco 3560 configuration.
Things you'll need: Ethernet cable
1.Disconnect any cables connected to the switch.
2. Power the switch by connecting the AC power cord to the switch power connector and to a grounded AC outlet. This will start the power-on self-test (POST) process on the switch. The LED lights on the front of the switch will blink during the POST.
3. Wait for the "SYST LED" light on the front of the switch to turn solid green, which indicates that the POST is complete. Press and hold the "Mode" button on the front of the switch for three seconds as soon as the POST is complete. When all LEDs above the "Mode" button are green, release it.
4. Connect one end of a Category 5 Ethernet cable to any Ethernet port on the switch front panel, and the other end to the Ethernet port on your computer. Open a web browser on your computer and type "10.0.0.1" in the Address bar, then press "Enter". This opens the "Express Setup" page and displays the "Network Settings" fields.
5. Enter the switch's IP address in the "IP Address" field. Click the drop-down arrow in the "IP Subnet Mask" field and select an IP Subnet Mask. Enter the IP address of your network's gateway device, such as a router, in the "Default Gateway" field.
6.Type a new password in the "Switch Password" field. The password can be up to 25 alphanumeric characters long, may start with a number, and is case-sensitive. Re-type your password in the "Confirm Switch Password" field.
7. Type a name for the switch in the "Host Name" field. The host name can be up to 31 alphanumeric characters long.
8. Enter date and time information in the "System Date", "System Time" and "Time Zone" fields.
9. Click the "Submit" button. This exits Express Setup mode and completes the setup configuration.
References: Information from Cisco on configuring the Catalyst 3560 Switch.
Resources: Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches homepage.
How do I reset the password on my Cisco router? I bought a Cisco 1700 router from an auction, but there is a password. How can I reset the router to original factory specifications?
Sky sagem wireless router reset password? I just got this sky wireless router second hand and it has a password set on it. i tried to press the reset button at the back but it does not do any thing, it still comes as a password is set.
How to reset password on dlink wireless router? I have a dlink wireless router model number DIR 825 . It works good but I am trying to access internet on my ipod and the password i have set is incorrect , this also happened when i tried to access internet on my laptop. When i first set up my ps3 i dont recall having to put a password in but this was when i first got the router. How do i reset the router password or find out what the password is AND if i reset the password or reset my router will my ps3 have to be reconnected or will it stay?
How to reset password on a router? I recently acquired a linksys router (used) and need to know how to reset the password so that I can use it. Also, is there any way to modify a router to be useful as a cell/wifi blocker, or as a signal booster?
----From Yahoo Answers
To reset password on a Cisco/D-link/Linksys/Netgear router is a very common problem among people who want a secure network environment for surfing on the internet. If you are confused with the complicated procedure to reset or change the password on a router, or if you are trying to configure a Cisco router, but a password is blocking you from enable mode, don't worry, just do the steps as follows, password reset on a router is no longer upset to everyone.
First, be informed that what you need:
• Cisco Router
• Internet Connection
• Blue Serial Cable
Guide for You to Reset Password on a Cisco Router:
1. Download a program called Putty from the first resource site below.
PuTTy is a terminal emulator application which can act as a client for the SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw TCP computing protocols (PuTTy on Wikipedia).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PuTTY
2. Connect one end of the blue serial cable to the Cisco Router and the other to your computer. Open up the Putty program on your computer and select the radio button next to "serial" on the right-hand side of the start window. Click on the "Open" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Putty start window to open the terminal.
3. Power the Cisco Router on. As soon as the router begins loading in the green and black Putty terminal window, press the "Ctrl" and "Break" keys simultaneously until its going into rommon mode.
4. Once in rommon mode, you have to change the configuration register number to make the router boot from a blank configuration file. For the 2800 series Cisco Routers, the command "confreq 0x2142", changing the register number to 2142, worked. Search on cisco.com for information on your particular Cisco Router Series.
5. Type the restart command in rommon mode, which is "reset". This will boot the router up again. When it is finished, you should be able to type "en" to get into enable mode without a password.
6. Once you change the running-config in RAM and save it to the startup-config in NVRAM, remember to change the configuration register number back to its default (usually 0x2102). This is important if you change anything on the running-config. ---by Gabe
Easy six steps help you finish resetting password on a Cisco router. Easy instruction, easy to follow.