Posts with #cisco & cisco network tag
Cisco HDX Manages Performance on Crowded Wi-Fi Networks Wi-Fi traffic is everywhere.
More users-employees, customers, and guests alike - are connecting to the network. Most of these users carry multiple Wi-Fi devices and many devices support only wireless connectivity. All this leads to lots of very dense Wi-Fi traffic in the air.
And with the introduction of 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, networks are only going to get more crowded. That’s why Cisco has enhanced its High Density Experience (HDX) suite of solutions, which automatically manages the airwaves and improves Wi-Fi performance.
Now, available on Cisco’s Indoor Access Points the Cisco Aironet 3800 and 2800 Series and the Cisco’s Outdoor Access Points the Cisco Aironet 1570 and 1560 Series Outdoor Access Point,
HDX is regularly updated with new features that alleviate high-density network strain and improve user experiences as 802.11ac and other trends load the airwaves with more traffic.
Managing Your Airwaves
• Alleviate network strain when large volumes of client devices contend for access point connectivity
• Improve Wi-Fi throughput and spectrum efficiency
• Prevent unnecessary Wi-Fi disconnections
• Enable access points to quickly change channels to mitigate interference or narrow bandwidth instead of abandoning the entire channel
• Allocate air time to specific user groups
Simplifying and Automating RF Tasks Below are some of the more recent HDX feature enhancements:
• Enhanced Optimized Roaming: If performance degrades as Wi-Fi users move, this feature intelligently steers clients to an access point with a stronger signal - without interrupting the connection.
• CleanAir for 160-MHz Channels: Proactive protection against RF interference with spectrum scanning, source identification, and remediation that now works across 160-MHz channel widths.
• ClientLink: Cisco’s patented beamforming technology that improves performance of 802.11ac clients as well as 802.11a/g/n legacy clients.
• Dynamic Bandwidth Selection (with FlexDFS): Continually analyzes and selects the best channel width for use in current conditions. If radar is detected on part, but not all, of the frequency, the access point can narrow the serving channel from 160 to 80 to 40 or 20 MHz, rather than moving entirely to a new frequency, enhancing spectrum efficiency.
• Event-Driven Radio Resource Management (ED-RRM): Rapidly changes channels to avoid interference, doing in seconds what previously could take minutes. IT can also set thresholds to determine when traffic automatically moves to a clear or less busy channel.
• HDX Air Time Fairness (ATF): Simplifies Wi-Fi traffic management by enabling network administrators to allocate specific percentages of airtime to heterogeneous groups of clients or customers.
More about the Cisco HDX Solution
HDX is a broad and comprehensive suite of solutions delivered in the Cisco Aironet 2700 and 3700 Series access points, consisting of both hardware and custom application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and software elements to provide optimal performance in high-density WLAN environments.
Cisco developed HDX to address the increasing proliferation of both wireless networks and wireless devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and PCs) carried by individual users - creating increased traffic. HDX directly addresses the expectations of both network administrators and mobile device users that WLANs will continue
to “just work” despite increasingly demanding scenarios.
In brief, when designing HDX, Cisco carefully considered the ramifications of increases in:
● Access point density (public and residential)
● Co-channel and adjacent channel interference
● Inter-access point contention
● Intra-access point contention (due to more clients and increased upstream)
● Client density
● Variation in client types
Therefore, HDX is essential for WLANs operating in environments that are characterized by any of the following:
● Many clients connected to a single access point
● Many colocated access points deployed as a single WLAN with partial to full channel (frequency) overlap
● Many independent yet neighboring WLANs needing to coexist in the same spectrum
● Increased loading due to more upstream and downstream video traffic: more FaceTime and Skype traffic (bidirectional interactive apps, unified communications), more mobile app downloads, more uploading of personal content (photos, cloud/sync functions, etc.)
HDX Features Provided in the Cisco Aironet 2700 and 3700 Series
The primary features of HDX are:
● Cisco CleanAir 80 MHz
● Cisco ClientLink 3.0
● Optimized Roaming enhanced with BSS Transition Management
● Turbo performance
● Enhancement: Dynamic Bandwidth Selection (with Flexible Dynamic Frequency Selection (FlexDFS))
● Enhancement: Wi-Fi triggered Event-Driven Radio Resource Management (ED-RRM)
● Enhancement: Air Time Fairness
● RF noise reduction (available in future versions)
Each of these features is detailed in the sections that follow.
Cisco is the only equipment vendor to have the complete suite of features that make up HDX. Furthermore, it is the only equipment vendor to have a purpose-built access point with hardware acceleration that supports HDX and that is designed specifically for the high-performance challenges of 802.11ac.
To learn more about the Cisco HDX solution, visit
More Related Cisco Wireless Topics
How to choose your untypical IT equipment? Why you should choose an untypical network device? Here, we will share a new featured product for you: the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Series Switches.
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches offer 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, making them an ideal choice for use as access switches in industrial environments to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points and IP phones. These switches provide high-bandwidth switching (Layer 2) and proven Cisco IOS Software-based routing (Layer 3) capabilities to improve uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment.
- Superior bandwidth and capacity-56-Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with 28-Gigabit-Ethernet (GE) ports
- High-density, industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) or PoE Plus (PoE+) support for in-line power to up to 24 devices
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Robust resiliency enabled by a dual-ring design with 4x Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), EtherChannel, and Flex Links support
- Easy deployment, with zero-touch discovery using DHCP and an express setup with a swappable SD flash card
Industrial environments can be tough on any equipment, but especially on networking hardware. Your typical IT equipment was never designed to withstand the poundings, dirt, and grime found in most industrial environments. Plus, these pieces of equipment require significant reconfiguring to serve the computing and technology needs of industrial manufacturers and utilities.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 (IE4010) Series Switches are flexible and scalable industrial Ethernet switches. They were developed specifically to withstand rugged industrial environments meeting industrial customers’ needs. With 24 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ capable ports, it’s suitable to connect high definition IP cameras, Access Points, or IP Phones.
The ruggedized Cisco IE4010 Series forms the foundation of a wide array of technology solutions for multiple industries, such as:
• Factory automation
• Smart cities
• Substation automation
• Intelligent transportation systems
Benefits-The New Cisco IE 4010 Series Switches
• Reduced downtime through highavailability technology to facilitate networkwide resilience and increased IP network availability
• Lower operating costs with inline power for PoE/PoE+ devices, allowing easy installation and updates without an overhaul of the electrical layout
• Improved security with integration of security policy enforcement within the switch without creating traffic bottlenecks
• Investment protection from software licensing, which offers new improved software features without requiring hardware upgrades
• Improved efficiency of your internal IT and operations teams using a single, standardized platform
• Increased speed and flexibility needed to bring products to market and adapt to changing business challenges
How It Works
The Cisco IE4010 Series complements other Cisco IE product families, delivering high performance, rich feature sets, and extensive and scalable Power over Ethernet (PoE)/PoE+ options.
The switches can be set up and operated easily by your internal IT and operations staff, helping you automate industrial processes much more quickly. The embedded Cisco IOS Software also allows you to quickly integrate new switches and connect all your industrial endpoints for greater visibility, control, and access and can automatically detect new endpoints whenever they’re brought online. Plus, with the built-in Cisco SmartPorts technology, your staff can assign the correct quality-of-service (QoS) functions for a desired connection quickly and easily.
An embedded web-based Device Manager provides real-time visibility of your switch configuration and performance. The color-coded displays and animated indicators of the application help simplify management and monitoring tasks. It also has alert functions that help you identify and solve networking problems when they arise.
Designed Tough and Built for Industrial Use
The Cisco IE4010 Series Switches were built to withstand and even thrive in harsh operating environments and temperatures ranging from –40 to 75°C. With no moving parts, the switches come enclosed in tough casings designed for serious protection from dust, dirt, grime, high humidity, electromagnetic fields, and extreme vibrations. They support network standards and protocols such as Ethernet/IP, CIP, and Profinet so you can set up and connect industrial equipment and automation applications quickly and easily.
Use Case Examples
• Increase solution redundancy and connect high-speed automation devices in connected factories and electrical substations by using uplinks to form redundant ring topology and provide multiple Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
• Connect access points and provide high-speed Wi-Fi coverage along oil/gas pipelines and mining fields in remote locations.
• Provide bandwidth and large amounts of PoE ports required to support citywide surveillance IP camera infrastructure.
• Connect mass transportation to provide voice, video, and data services to passengers.
Easy to Deploy and Manage
Cisco IE4010 Series Switches use the same Cisco IOS Software with which you’re already familiar, so switch integration and connecting endpoints are simple. Out-of-the-box configuration enables you to set a switch up with one click. It also contains line-rate, low-latency forwarding with advanced hardware assist features—for example, Network Address Translation (NAT), Multilayer Traffic Prioritization, Multicast, IEEE 1588, and support for multiple traffic protection technologies including Cisco REP and PROFINET MRP and more—to make interoperability and management tasks easier and more efficient.
The solution supports all of the security features you expect in a Cisco switch, including 802.1x port security, dynamic port-based authentication, encrypted administrative traffic, IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption, FIPS compliance, centralized authentication, and more.
Industrial Power over Ethernet
With PoE, you can connect and power devices using a single cable. These switches support high-density, industrial PoE/PoE+ support for up to 24 devices, including IP cameras and phones, badge readers, wireless access points, and more. PoE helps you reduce complexity in your warehouse or factory, lower costs of necessary wiring and other equipment, and enjoy the flexibility and freedom of ready-to-use devices.
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 has been updated, more new features are here. What are new features include? Let’s read the latest data sheet of Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831.
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 offers many improvements. New features include:
● Superior wideband acoustics with the first two-element speaker in a conference phone; this feature allows the phone to capture the full voice spectrum without having to compromise with a single-element speaker
● Expanded room coverage with support for daisy chaining two units
● Support for optional DECT wireless extension microphone: sold separately
● Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling
● Device authentication and signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Advanced Encryption Standard 128 (AES-128)
● Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) with AES-128
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 requires an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL) on Cisco UCM Versions 9.0 and later. For supported Cisco UCM versions before 9.0, a public space license is required.
More the newest info of Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831, such as the Product Specifications (System Specifications, Temperature, Safety and EMC), Ordering Information (including Cisco Call Control, Non-Cisco SIP Based Call Control, 8831 Accessories, Power Cords) you can read the full data sheet:
The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 enhances people-centric communications, combining superior high‑definition (HD) audio performance and 360-degree coverage for all sizes of conference rooms and executive offices. It provides an audiophile sound experience with a full-duplex two-way wideband (G.722) audio hands-free speaker.
The IP Conference Phone 8831 is a simple, scalable solution that meets the challenges of the most diverse rooms. It provides flexible deployment options and expansion by using optional extension microphones that can be wired or wireless (Digital Equipment Cordless Telephone [DECT]) with a daisy-chain configuration of two units.
The IP Conference Phone 8831 has an industrial design with enhanced ergonomics that puts the user first. It offers a detached control panel so that the display may be easily viewed without having to move the entire unit. It also provides easy view of device mute status from all sides.
Supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Business Edition systems, the IP Conference Phone 8831 delivers a more productive, acoustically pleasing, and secure communications experience across sites and participants.
More Cisco IP Phone Topics
Built on the virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) platform, the Cisco Business Edition 7000 (BE7000) is equipped with premium Cisco Collaboration applications for voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center. Turn them on as your collaboration needs increase and easily scale your users and devices by deploying additional BE7000 servers. The modular building block design of BE7000 is ideal for deployments from several hundred users to tens of thousands of users, providing plenty of room for future growth.
Here’s what you get:
• Complete service offering: End-to-end collaboration capabilities include voice, video, conferencing, messaging, instant messaging and presence (IM&P), mobility, contact center, and more, for every user on any device from any location.
• Simplified deployment and management: Preconfigured virtualized servers come with ready-to-run virtualization software and ready-to-activate collaboration applications, significantly reducing time to dial tone.
• Scalable and highly available platforms: Get a building-block design: simply stack servers to add more users, devices, and collaboration capabilities. “Pay as you grow” platforms scale to support deployments of any size.
• Open and interoperable architecture: Innovative system transparently supports third-party applications and telepresence and video endpoints.
These powerful, centralized, feature-rich communications and collaboration solutions are optimized for large organizations with thousands of users and devices. And they are all deployed on one converged, centrally managed infrastructure. That means server hardware and virtualized resources are all integrated for easy procurement and faster, more cost-effective implementation.
Cisco Business Edition 7000 is a customizable collaboration solution that can help you:
- Delight your users with interactive, intuitive, easy-to-use collaboration
- Boost productivity with efficient, highly secure, connected workspaces
- Reduce complexity with a simple, easy-to-manage platform
- Lower total cost of ownership with cost-effective, time-saving operations
- Protect investments with a scalable, modular, stackable design
Integrated Versus Separate Solutions
Unified communications applications have joined voice and email as vital services for enterprise environments. With a BE7000, IT can deliver more with far less effort and cost. One integrated and interoperable platform offers all the communications and collaboration services you need. Each solution comes preloaded with all core applications ready to activate. This simplifies and reduces the time required to set up, install, and deploy collaboration capabilities across the organization. And a broad range of third-party applications is also supported, extending the breadth and depth of the platform to support the tools you prefer for your business – all centrally managed with one intuitive, easy-to-use management tool.
Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x licensing is here!
Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x licensing has three levels
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) Meetings Edition
This edition is a complete unified communications and video solution. It includes all features in the Standard Edition plus Personal Multiparty Plus unlimited video conferencing – including the new Cisco Meeting Server as well as Cisco TelePresence Server and Conductor, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server on-premises conferencing, session management, and contact center capabilities.
Cisco UWL Standard Edition
Built on the reliable Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform, this edition includes call control, voice messaging, Cisco Expressway, and soft clients. Instant messaging and presence are also included as a perpetual license on premises.
Cisco User Connect Licensing (UCL) Enhanced and Enhanced Plus
A per-user license for the following individual Cisco Unified Communications applications:
• Cisco Unified Communications (including instant messaging and presence and Cisco Jabber desktop and mobile clients)
• Cisco Unity Connection
• Cisco Business Edition
Licensing Options for the Way You Work
Your business isn’t like any others. That’s why we offer a variety of software licensing options to meet your needs, regardless of the size of your business, the way your employees work, and the tools you need.
Depending on the type and number of devices you require, UCL is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions.
• Essential UCL and Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
• Enhanced UCL and Enhanced Plus UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products that support Cisco’s entire portfolio of user devices. They each include a soft client, applications server software, and user licensing. Enhanced UCL covers a single device, and Enhanced Plus allows for two. The licenses also provide on-premises instant messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization. Table 1 describes the four levels of UCL.
What Is Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing? Cisco UWL provides the most popular bundles of Cisco collaboration applications and services in a cost-effective, simple package. Licensed per user, it includes:
• Application server software
• User license
• Soft clients
Cisco Software Support Service is required to access technical support, minor updates, and major software upgrades.
The requirements for Cisco UWL are as follows:
• UWL Meetings Edition licensing requires a minimum of 25 users; the Standard Edition has a minimum of 1 user.
• You can mix UCL with UWL Standard and Meetings Editions.
• A 1-year Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) contract is required. These contracts can be coterminous upon renewal.
More Cisco Licensing Topics
Everyone says I love 802.11ac Wave 2. The Impact of 802.11ac Wave 2 is World Wide, Why? We also talked about the 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11ac Wave 2 Access Points a lot.
Yes, make no mistake the affect of the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard is going to be global and won’t just affect specific business areas.
One key part of Wave 2 802.11ac technology that helps keep your organization ahead of the capacity crunch is multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO).
(MU-MIMO allows an access point to transmit to multiple clients at the same time, instead of sending data to a single client at a time. These parallel transmissions improve RF efficiency when client devices also support 802.11ac Wave 2.)
With Muti-User MIMO (MU-MIMO), 802.11ac Wave 2 clients are on and off the network so fast allowing for more legacy clients to be served. Plus 802.11ac Wave 2-enabled smart phones, laptops and tablets, will jump on the 5Ghz band leaving the 2.4GHz bands for older devices.
With the higher speeds of 802.11ac Wave 2, it takes a lot less time to transmit data than it did with previous Wi-Fi standards. This preserves battery life on Wave 2 clients. That means in the long run, updating your wireless network to 802.11ac Wave 2 standards will provide a better user experience for your users.
Now, let’s look at why 802.11ac Wave 2’s Impact is World Wide.
Schools need to support 802.11ac Wave 2 because more and more students are bringing devices to class. And it’s not to sneak a peek at the latest Taylor Swift video; educators are using tablets and other mobile devices as part of the education process. While additional devices and apps that will consume bandwidth are a big reason for the upgrade, it’s not the only thing. Schools need an 802.11ac Wave 2 network that can:
• Support up-to-the minute notification on mobile devices.
• Detect externally launched attacks and insider threats.
• Automatically adapts to environment changes for optimal performance.
Whether you’re a small coffee shop or a large department store, it’s not just your workers that need exemplary Wi-Fi, customers demand this service too. Cisco Aironet Access Points are great tools to gather data in order to understand customer traffic patterns and behaviors, prioritizing your business-driving apps and better protecting the privacy of your business. Your customers need to be able to jump on a network too and:
• Connect to a custom guest access network (which can be used as another advertising venue).
• Be able to find the things that they want, quicker.
• Adapt to flash crowds during sales events.
In the old days, putting out an array of stale donuts in the morning and offering travelers a bed for the night was the peak of hospitality luxury. Those days are long gone as guests are now a bit savvier than they once were and expect a multitude of high-end services. One of these services is a robust wireless network. If you’re in the hospitality game, you need an 802.11ac Wave 2 compliant network because:
• It delivers mobile check-in, key lock and room control
• It quickly deploys wireless access for conventions and social gatherings
• It adapts to crowd surges during high volume of registration
Where Does Cisco Fit In?
That third bullet brings me to one of the most amazing things about the Cisco Aironet Access Points, and that are the innovations that only Cisco delivers:
• Flexible Radio Assignment automatically adjusts radio bands to better serve the environment. A Cisco Aironet Access Point deployed in a hotel lobby can handle a crowd of people armed with mobile devices frantically looking to get settled in their rooms. Flexible Radio Assignment automatically triggers the access point to shift from the dual radios operation at 2.4GHz and 5GHz to both radios offering 5GHz.
• Cisco CleanAir remediates device impacting interference
• Optimized Roaming intelligently connects the proper access point as people move
• Multi-Gigabit Uplinks provides faster wired network offload on existing Ethernet
Your Cisco 802.11ac Wave 2 access points aren’t static. They offer investment protection via the ability to expand along with your organization with three ports located on the Cisco Access Point. A smart antenna port allows you to add either another antenna be it of the Stadium Panel, Directional or Location variety. A built-in module port is perfect for connecting hardware such as a video surveillance device. While a USB port allows you to add a Bluetooth capabiities.
Preparing for 802.11ac Wave 2 is not a one-sized-fits-all solution. Cisco has a wide access point portfolio that offers different solutions to fit different situations. The Cisco Aironet 1830 and 1850 Series Access Points are perfect fits for small to medium-sized businesses. These devices offer the functions and features of an enterprise-level access point and they are the lowest cost 802.11ac Wave 2 AP on the market today.
For mission-critical organizations, look no further that Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Point. More robust than the Cisco Aironet 1830 and 1850 Access Points, the 2800 Series is built for large sized organizations. Rounding out the portfolio is the Best-in-Class solution: the Cisco Aironet 3800 Access Point. This product is targeted specifically for larger areas such as stadiums and arenas.
What’s new? The network is an informational highway of intelligence, but today’s static infrastructure can’t see the intelligence. The first step in addressing this issue is increasing visibility into the network with insights and analytics. Next is automating network services to make it easy to deploy, manage and maintain.
Cisco’s new network innovations address both challenges, and include:
Insights and Experiences:
- Cisco Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) 10.2.2 – a software update with new features and enhancements for better customer engagement, operations and streamlined guest experiences
- Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Outdoor Access Point – Cisco’s first outdoor Access Point that extends 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi to high-density environments, the foundation to enable CMX for your outdoor environments.
- Cisco Catalyst 3650 Multigigabit Switch – a new Catalyst Multigigabit technology (based on NBASE-T standards) switch with up to 48 ports (12 MGig) and UPOE up to 60w for voice, video, and data performance assurance
Automation and Assurance:
- ASR 1001-HX and ASR 1002-HX– new fixed –HX chassis that offer WAN edge high availability and resiliency with Service Level Agreement (SLA) assurance in a small form factor.
- Cisco Unified Compute Services (UCS) E-Series – new 6-core single-wide compute blade for ISR 4000 with enhanced processing, memory and storage for 2x more app hosting.
- 3rd Party App Hosting on ISR 4000 & ASR 1000 – Cisco now supports KVM-based application hosted as container on Cisco Enterprise Routers, providing more choices and openness support for 3rd party or custom application.
What are the challenges Cisco is helping you overcome?
The roadmap to a digital network may seem simple, but there are significant challenges that must be overcome. With these new network innovations customers can tackle:
- WAN Edge Challenges–The WAN is the fabric that connects users to apps and things. It also is the central point between the enterprise core and its edges—from the core to campus/HQ, branches, cloud and fog or among enterprise private data centers. The WAN edge must balance between performance, visibility, and security to ensure the best user experience (i.e. quality of voice, video, and data).
- Branch Challenges–The branch is the first node of connection for users and guests to apps and things, as well as the first line of defense to nullify a threat. Given its small IT footprint and often remote locations, the branch challenges include application experience, connectivity, management and automation, threat detection and defense.
- Customer Experience Challenges–To deliver a personalized customer experience, two integral steps must happen in tandem: (i) ubiquitous and robust connection, indoors and outdoors, and (ii) user, app, and device intelligence.
How will the new innovations help customers?
This is always a question we ask ourselves when rolling out any new technology. Focusing on real business outcomes for your enterprise, Cisco and our DNA approach is built on three design principles.
- Services-centric to give enterprises the freedom to run services and applications when, where, and how they want it across the WAN and branch. Outcome: Faster service delivery.
- Software-driven by virtualizing and optimizing applications and network functions for effective deployment on any platform: physic, virtual, or a mix of both. Outcome: Freedom of choice.
- Automation of devices, apps and services for greater agility. Outcome: Less human errors.
Cisco DNA is the future of the network. These innovations allow you to reach greater network agility and achieve real business outcomes.
Reference from http://blogs.cisco.com/enterprise/ignite-your-enterprise-digital-journey-in-three-steps
In this article we will talk about the Antennas for Cisco Aironet Wi-Fi Access Points.
We know that Cisco Aironet 802.11n access points include the Cisco Aironet 1260 Series, 1600e Series, 2600e, 3500e Series, 3600e Series, and 1550 Series. These access points require the use of external antennas to make them fully functioning units. Cisco has developed antennas specifically designed for use with 802.11n access points to optimize performance.
Options for Every RF Environment
You can order Cisco Aironet 802.11n and 802.11ac access points with built-in antennas or with RF ports for connecting to external antennas. External antennas can improve your wireless coverage and data rates in certain situations. For example, building materials, floor layouts, distances, and usage patterns sometimes require concentrating radio signals in particular directions or at certain angles to get the fastest data throughput.
An extensive family of single-and dual-band antennas and mounting options for use with Cisco Aironet 802.11n and 802.11ac access points helps you optimize wireless performance in each unique situation (Table: Types of Available Wi-Fi AP Antennas* and Typical Uses). Indoors. Outdoors. Around corners. In open areas. Down hallways and mine shafts. And in places where aesthetics are important.
Types of Available Wi-Fi AP Antennas* and Typical Uses (See the Top Figure)
• Improve wireless data throughput
• Match radio signal strength to desired coverage patterns and building layouts
• Manage performance of dualband implementations (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz) with full MIMO support
• Get the most out of your 802.11n and 802.11ac access point investments
Why Choose Cisco for your Wi-Fi AP antenna needs?
There are many good reasons for turning to Cisco for your Wi-Fi AP antenna needs:
• Cisco antennas go through complete electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing.
• All Cisco wireless network features are tested with Cisco antennas to help ensure consistent, repeatable performance. Examples of these wireless features are the Cisco radio resource management (RRM), Cisco CleanAir, rogue access point detection, and location services.
• Cisco antenna patterns are integrated with Cisco management and location systems. That means your Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Mobility Service Engine (MSE) will display accurate signal coverage maps and correctly locate clients and unauthorized devices. That’s not possible with third-party antennas.
• You get the full support of the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) when you use Cisco antennas.
More Related Cisco Aironet Wi-Fi Access Points:
Cisco ONE Software Includes Three Product Types: Foundation, Advanced Applications and Advanced Security
How to make you software buying simple? You may hear about the Cisco ONE Software. Cisco introduced it at Cisco Live last year. And What is the exact Cisco ONE Software? How to make you software buying simple? You may hear about the Cisco ONE Software. Cisco introduced it at Cisco Live last year. And What is the exact Cisco ONE Software?
Cisco ONE Software helps customers purchase the right software capabilities to address their business needs. These products offer a greater value to customers with more features at “better together” pricing. They provide reduced complexity, simplified buying and the peace of mind that today’s software investments today will last into the future. Cisco ONE Software is organized by domains (Data Center, WAN, and Access) and feature sets (Foundation, Advanced Applications, and Advanced Security).
Cisco ONE for Data Center provides functionality for physical and virtualized data centers, across network and compute resources, and provides secure, scalable support for private and hybrid clouds.
Cisco ONE for WAN provides complete functionality for the branch and network edge.
Cisco ONE for Access offers a comprehensive feature set for wired and wireless access.
Finally, Cisco ONE Advanced Security provides a robust set of threat defense capabilities and central policy management. Rather than piece together the features needed, these products provide crossfunctional, use-case-based software sets to enable the performance, scale, and security needed in today’s IT environments.
Cisco ONE Software Includes Three Product Types: Foundation, Advanced Applications and Advanced Security
Cisco ONE Software provides customers with four key benefits:
1. Access to ongoing innovation and new technology from Cisco through Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS)
2. Investment protection of software purchases through software services-enabled license portability
3. Software suites that address typical customer use case scenarios at an attractive price
4. Flexible licensing models to smoothly distribute customer’s software spending over time
Addressing Your Business Challenges
Customers have told us that they want more value for their money, protection for their investments, access to the latest technology, and predictable technology spend. As budgets continue to shrink, IT needs to deliver more capabilities at a lower price point. Companies are tired of “throwing money away” every time they refresh their network, by having to repurchase the software necessary to operate their environment. At the same time, only a small portion of companies are able to adopt the latest technology, either due to budget limitations or the fear of investing in unproven technology. Finally, CFOs are demanding that IT becomes more predictable and consistent with technology spend.
Cisco ONE for Data Center
Cisco ONE for Data Center enables automated, policy-based cloud computing. Reduce cost and increase IT agility by securing private and hybrid cloud deployments for both physical and virtual environments.
• The Data Center Foundation products provide functions such as automated application policy mapping, multi-tenancy support and business continuity, unified management, and infrastructure orchestration. These products support varied and demanding data center infrastructures. They are highly scalable, increasing flexibility and responsiveness to changing workloads and business conditions. And they provide extensive integration with automation and orchestration tools.
• The Data Center Advanced Applications products provide additional cloud visibility and control, storage network management, site to site encryption, and cloud infrastructure resource pooling with secure isolation. These products create an open and flexible solution that provides complete freedom in workload placement per business needs, while ensuring the same network security, quality of service (QoS), and access control policies in public cloud as in the data center.
Cisco ONE for WAN
Cisco ONE for WAN provides functions for the branch office and network edge. If you want to implement new branch-office initiatives and secure IP WAN connections, look no further.
• The Foundation for WAN product manages, secures, and optimizes your WAN to:
- Provide great user experiences with application and network performance monitoring
- Help ensure video and other media-rich application performance with application acceleration and WAN optimization
- Enhance security with network access control and encryption
- Gain energy cost savings and power management with Cisco EnergyWise energy management
- Save IT time with zero-touch deployment and protocol visibility
• The WAN Advanced Applications products provide sophisticated capabilities for remote branch facilities to:
- Quickly automate and secure your branch offices with audit tracking
- Expand highly available unified communications across your branches and beyond, even into your service provider network
- Extend rich media capabilities with secure video
- Stay secure with encryption and VPN support
- Enhance application performance by choosing the best path for critical applications
Cisco ONE for Access
Cisco ONE for Access provides performance, control, and security for wired and wireless access.
• The Access Foundation products provide a central policy engine and single management console for converged infrastructure, so you can:
- Simplify management with a single controller for both wired and wireless converged architecture
- Safeguard your network with sophisticated access control
- Improve performance and network analytics with QoS tools
- Improve the user experience with video compression and session management
- Gain deeper levels of application visibility and control with context-aware, secure access
• The Access Advanced Applications products provide guest access identity and advanced intrusion protection, allowing you to:
- Expand business mobility and create unique customer experiences with advanced location services and Cisco Connected Mobile Experience (CMX)
- Enhance security and protect intellectual property with separate virtual networks across your entire infrastructure
- Scale routing and other protocols to meet the needs of even the largest enterprise networks
Security for Cisco ONE Software
Each domain in Cisco ONE Software offers security products for use on external appliances. These products enable you to:
• Safeguard your infrastructure, your web, and your mobile users with next-generation firewall capabilities
• Reduce network operating costs by improving business-critical application performance
• Defend your network in real time while keeping informed of the latest threats
• Maintain network-wide policy consistency and troubleshoot security issues more quickly
In addition, Identity Services for Access allows:
• More fine-grained control with context-aware security
• Business mobility with enhanced integration of mobile device management
Services for Cisco ONE Software Help Simplify Management
Services from Cisco and our certified partners enable the primary features of Cisco ONE Software1 and help you maximize business outcomes and protect your investment. Pairing software and hardware support together provides the best set of benefits to reduce costs and keep your business on track.
For IT strategy and project-based service support, take a look at our professional services portfolio.
1 SWSS required for the first year for perpetual licenses with the option to renew; SWSS is included in the active subscription license for Cisco ONE Security and future subscription offerings.
Software Support Service
Our Software Support Service (SWSS) provides the technical support expertise you need to successfully navigate the rich features and functionality of Cisco ONE Software. SWSS provides access to ongoing innovation and entitlement to license portability, major software upgrades, minor software updates, access to our awardwinning Technical Assistance Center (TAC), and instant access to online resources. By providing an integrated and comprehensive service, we help you quickly resolve issues while seeing cost savings and productivity gains.
Cisco ONE Software Foundation and Advanced Applications suites both use Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) for ongoing support and maintenance. Your SWSS contract provides:
• Access to the TAC for software issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Major upgrades, minor updates, and maintenance for licensed software applications
• Entitlement to software license portability
• Access to ongoing innovation
• Access to online resources
Software Support Service (SWSS) is required for Cisco ONE Software Suites at point of sale and for continued access to ongoing innovation and license portability beyond year one.
Smart Net Total Care
To help ensure coverage for your Cisco base OS software and hardware, we highly recommend Cisco Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) which provides 24-hour global support for the underlying hardware platforms where Cisco ONE Software is deployed.
Cisco Smart Net Total Care includes access to TAC for hardware, the base OS, and entitlement to smart capabilities to reduce your operating expenses and free your IT staff to focus on business innovation. Entitlement to smart capabilities provides selfservice access to the SNTC portal, free download of the Cisco collector software, and community support for the portal and collector.
• Access to the TAC for hardware and base OS software issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Software updates for base OS software
• Access to online resources
• Advance hardware replacement
• Entitlement to smart capabilities
Our professional services can be easily attached with Cisco ONE Software. These services have been specially designed to accelerate innovation benefits in your IT environment. To plan and design new IT initiatives, take a look at our Cisco Quick Start Services. And to gain maximum value, Cisco Optimization Services are also available for all data center, WAN, and access capabilities included with Cisco ONE Software.
Benefits for Your Organization
With Cisco ONE Software, your organization gains:
• The software necessary to enable key business solutions at an attractive price point
• Ongoing innovation through major release upgrades and minor updates ensure your software operates smoothly and is always up to date
• Investment protection with services-enabled software license portability across hardware refresh cycles
• Flexibility of license migration from physical devices to virtual machines
• Better budget control with flexible subscription or perpetual buying options
• Faster access to new Cisco software features and products
Reference from http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-software/at-a-glance-c45-731841.pdf
What is the Cisco Intelligent Branch? What does it can do for you?
Now Business is going digital, and customers expect multiple ways of interacting with you.
Your competitors are delivering personalized in-store content to visitors over Wi-Fi, such as coupons and sales alerts. Some offer remote consultations and demonstrations.
Staying in the game requires the ability to execute your own creative digital solutions quickly.
You can do exactly that with the Cisco Intelligent Branch, an all-in-one, powerful digital network platform. Use it to deliver digital experiences in stores and at branch offices, where 90 percent of today’s business revenue is generated.1 Deliver differentiating services and new business offers with guest Wi-Fi, rich media content, and cloud applications.
Benefits from the Cisco Intelligent Branch
For Lines of Business:
• Create an immersive digital experience for your workforce and customers.
• Improve mobile, social, and online engagement with customers.
• Gather actionable insights that allow you to build new business offerings.
• Get an ownership cost advantage with a pay-as-yougrow model.
• Protect your investment through license portability.
• Get operational simplicity and automated management.
• Gain a scalable and resilient infrastructure for digital business needs.
One Platform, Many Functions
The Cisco Intelligent Branch combines key IT capabilities in a small-footprint, zero-touch deployment platform that’s SD-WAN ready. It consists of a modular Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router (ISR) running the Cisco Unified Computing System™ E-Series server blade. You can add on network services – wireless LAN, WAN optimization, security, and more – so you can easily activate, change, and replace the functions as your business grows. The Cisco Intelligent Branch works with whatever type of wired or wireless WAN you have.
Intelligent Branch Foundational Components
• Integrated Cisco UCS E-Series server blade
• Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN) architecture
Add-On Network Services
• Cisco Virtual Wide Area Application Services (vWAAS) WAN optimization
• Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall
• Cisco FirePower Virtual Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
• Cisco Virtual Wireless Controller
• Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv)
Use this technology foundation with cloud-based software-as-aservice (SaaS) applications to increase your business agility. You can also use the network as a sensor to protect your business from attack with embedded security. All while gathering intelligence about your users that lets you create new, personalized business offerings and revenue opportunities.
Here are a few sample scenarios for the Cisco Intelligent Branch:
• The bank branch: No mortgage advisor available? Set the customer up with an advisor in another location using telepresence.
• The retail store: Shoppers need help? Use a kiosk and a remote advisor to provide advice. Showcase an e-catalog and enable mobile point of sale on an associate’s tablet. Customers won’t have to stand in long lines anymore.
• The classroom: Stream HD video to students’ tablets so they can attend live classroom sessions from anywhere. Students can also collaborate with each other and with instructors more engagingly in real time, increasing student comprehension.
• The traditional branch office: Use wireless WAN connections to quickly deploy pop-up sites. Empower employees with superior cloud application performance. Increase customer loyalty with mobile and virtual experiences.
“Digital mastery requires companies to acquire, build, and deploy new technology services at speeds that used to be unthinkable. – Digital Predator or Digital Prey?”
Info from http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/at-a-glance-c45-736379.pdf
More Related Cisco Network Topics