Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Switches: Enterprise Ready
Cisco continually updates its Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches to meet customers’ needs.
Catalyst 2960-X series, the stackable fixed configuration Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) switches, offers network connectivity for enterprise, midmarket, and branch locations.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches feature:
• 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
• Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or 10G SFP+ uplinks
• FlexStack Plus for stacking of up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps of stack throughput (optional)
• Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 740W of PoE budget
• Reduced power consumption and advanced energy management features
• USB and Ethernet management interfaces for simplified operations
• Application visibility and capacity planning with integrated NetFlow-Lite
• LAN Base or LAN Lite Cisco IOS software features
• Enhanced limited lifetime warranty (E-LLW) offering next-business-day hardware replacement
Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR models also offer:
• Power resiliency with optional dual field-replaceable power supplies
• IP Lite Cisco IOS software with dynamic routing and Layer 3 features
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR models offer all the features of the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X. In addition, they have two field-replaceable redundant power supply modules for power redundancy. They also introduce Layer 3 routing functionality for the first time in the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series.
Read the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches’ features in Details
FlexStack-Plus on Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches
Build for application visibility and control, these switches support NetFlow-Lite, which can be used to monitor, capture, and record traffic flows through the network.
With industry-leading energy management capabilities such as Cisco EnergyWise to measure and control power usage, Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and Switch and Downlink Hibernation modes to conserve power during periods of inactivity in the network, the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X with up to 80 percent energy savings is the greenest switch in the industry.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series is SDN ready to enable customers to build applications that automate various services across the campus.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches are simple to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot. As part of the Cisco Unified Access portfolio, the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches are fully integrated with Cisco Prime to offer simple operation from a central location.
They can also be managed by Cisco Network Assistant, which features an intuitive GUI where users can easily apply common services across Cisco switches and routers.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X makes deployment and ongoing management easy with Cisco Smart Operations, which enable customers to reduce switch installation, configuration, troubleshooting time, and operational costs.
Cisco Smart Install and Configuration are transparent automated technology to configure the Cisco IOS Software image and switch configuration without user intervention.
Cisco Auto SmartPorts provide automatic Ethernet interface level configuration as devices connect to the switch port, allowing auto detection and plug and play of the device onto the network. It configures the Ethernet interface port with predefined configurations, including security, quality of service (QoS), and manageability features, with minimal effort and expertise.
Smart Call Home provides proactive diagnostics and remediation of hardware and software issues.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches deliver a range of features that secure access to the network and enforce security policies.
These features include flexible authentication with robust 802.1x, SXP Cisco TrustSec for policy enforcement, role-based security access and control with Cisco ISE and IPv6 First Hop Security. Furthermore, these Cisco switches protect network data confidentiality and integrity with switch port–level encryption.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches preserve customer investment by allowing mixed stacking with existing Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960-SF switches.
Customers can grow their access networks by adding the new Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches to their existing Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960-SF stacks.
Warranty Coverage and Technical Service Options
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches come with an enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty (E-LLW) that includes 90 days of Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support and next-business day hardware replacement where available.
Migrating to Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 2960XR Switches
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches, the stackable Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 and Layer 3 access switches, give you enterprise-class features at a great price.
Designed for simplicity, they are easy to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot and offer automated software installation and port configuration.
Improvements over previous generations include:
- Better customer and employee experiences through higher performance and improved support for mobility
- Advanced security to handle increasing threats
- Reduced cost and complexity through support for software defined networking (SDN) and innovations in energy efficiency Without the right switching solutions—the applications, services, and devices you deploy cannot live up to their potential.
Digital transformation makes having the right foundation to stay competitive more important than ever before.
Why migrate to the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X/XR? Read the Benefits of Migrating to Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 2960XR Switches. Compare and see what you’ve been missing.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Configurations
The 2960-X and XR Series Switches include configurations to fit in any enterprise network. Choose the best switch for your needs from more than 20 models.
- FlexStack-Plus Stacking: A hot swappable module that provides true stacking with up to 8 switches in a stack acting as a single unit
- PoE: Power over Ethernet
- PoE+: Power over Ethernet Plus
- LAN Base: Advanced Layer 2 Feature set
- IP Lite: Basic Layer 3 Feature set