Cisco Industrial Router Portfolio
The Cisco industrial router portfolio includes a range of compact, ruggedized modular products to build a highly secure, reliable, and scalable loT infrastructure. These products are certified to meet harsh environmental standards. They support a variety of communications interfaces, such as Ethernet, serial, fiber, cellular, Wi-Fi, Wi-SUN RF mesh, and others.
The Cisco Industrial Router Portfolio
The complete line of industrial routers includes:
Cisco 1000 Series Connected Grid Routers: Rugged routers designed for harsh environments, like those found in the utilities industry. Ideal for integrating multiple applications, such as advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), distribution automation, distributed energy resources (DER), street lighting, and remote workforce automation within a multi-service network.
Cisco 2000 Series Connected Grid Routers: Highly secure, reliable routers for the energy and utilities industries ideal for SCADA monitoring of transmission and distribution systems.
Cisco ASR 903 Aggregation Services Routers: Full-featured, modular, small-footprint, and fully redundant aggregation routers. They offer service flexibility and deliver Layer 2, IP, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) transport for advanced Layer 2 VPN, Layer 3 VPN, and multicast services.
Cisco 500 Series WPAN Industrial Routers: Wi-SUN RF Mesh ruggedized routers provide unlicensed 915-MHz, ISM-band wireless personal-area network (WPAN) communications that enables IoT applications, including smart metering, distribution automation, street lighting, and remote supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) monitoring.
Cisco 809 Industrial Integrated Services Routers: Very compact cellular (3G and 4G/LTE) industrial routers for remote deployment in various industries. They enable reliable and secure cellular connectivity for remote asset monitoring and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as distribution automation, pipeline monitoring, and roadside infrastructure monitoring.
Cisco 819 Integrated Services Routers: Compact, hardened form factor, cellular (3G, WLAN, or 4G options) routers that allow businesses to deploy secure 3G WWAN loT applications, like ATMs, wireless kiosks, digital signage, and more.
Cisco 829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers: Highly ruggedized compact cellular (3G and 4G LTE with GPS and dual SIM) and WLAN (2.4/5GHz) industrial routers supporting for scalable, reliable, and secure management of IoT applications requiring mobile connectivity such as fleet vehicles and mass transit.
The Cisco IR 829 dual LTE offers multipath LTE and/or WAN backhaul for mission-critical IoT initiatives requiring highly secure data delivery, edge application execution and redundant connectivity.
Cisco 910 Industrial Router: Highly adaptable routers that you can easily integrate with third-party solutions to deliver smart city applications, such as environmental monitoring, smart parking, smart metering, and more.
Capabilities for Rugged, Industrial Settings
We designed the Cisco industrial routers to withstand harsh operating environments and to offer high-performance, secure connectivity of scale. Key features include:
• Design for industrial applications, including extended environmental, shock, vibration, and surge ratings; a complete set of power input options; convection cooling; and DIN rail, 19-inch rack or wall mounting.
• Advanced security such as Dynamic Multipoint VPN, stateful firewall, and access control lists to provide multi-layered security architecture.
• Diverse modular interfaces (Ethernet, T1/E1, 3G and 4G LTE cellular, asynch/synch, serial, and others) for diverse infrastructure needs.
• Advanced quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities to support mission-critical communications, such as command and control.
• Cisco IOx, an open, extensible environment for executing IoT applications at the network edge.
• Simple management and operation using network management tools such as IoT Field Network Director and Industrial Operations Kit.