Mobility Express Deployment Supported Cisco Aironet Access Points
In a Cisco Mobility Express network, Access Point (AP) running the wireless controller function is designated as the Master AP. The other Access Points which are managed by this Master APare referred as Subordinate APs.
NOTE: In this article, Mobility Express refers to the Cisco 1800 series Access Point which supports the controller functionality. It is referred to as Master AP.
The Master AP has two roles:
1. It functions and operates as a wireless LAN controller to manage and control the Subordinate APs. The Subordinate APs operates as lightweight access points to serve clients.
2. Master AP operates as an Access Point to serve clients
Supported Cisco Aironet Access Points
Access Points which support the Mobility Express controller function capability are listed in the following table:
Table3: Access Points supporting Mobility Access (Master APs)
Access Points supported as Master AP
Supported Model Numbers
Cisco Aironet 1850 Series
Cisco Aironet 1830 Series
1. The model numbers that contain-UX support the universal regulatory domain.
2. The model numbers that contain -x- is a placeholder for the actual letter indicating the model's regulatory domain.
The Access Points which operate as subordinate APs are listed in the following table:
Table 4: Access Points supported as Subordinates
Access Points supported as Subordinate APs
Supported Model Numbers
Cisco Aironet 700i Series
• AIR-CAP702I- x-K9
Cisco Aironet 700w Series
• AIR-CAP702W- x-K9
Cisco Aironet 1600 Series
Cisco Aironet 1700 Series
• AIR-CAP1702I- x-K9
Cisco Aironet 1800 Series
Cisco Aironet 2600 Series
Cisco Aironet 2700 Series
Cisco Aironet 3600 Series
Cisco Aironet 3700 Series
How to Deploy Your Mobility Express?
In three easy steps, set up an enterprise-class WLAN in a small or medium-sized business. Or get industry-leading functionality, including guest access and RF parameter optimization, with our advanced settings. The choice is yours.
- Set up: Wirelessly connect to the Aironet 802.11ac Wave 2 access point using any laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- Configure: From a web browser or Cisco wireless app, use the setup wizard to enable multiple APs simultaneously.
- Operate: Wirelessly access the management dashboard to operate, monitor, and troubleshoot your network.
More Detailed STEPS & Examples of Cisco Mobility Express Guide