Introducing Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x Licensing
Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x licensing is here!
Cisco Unified Communications 11.x and 10.x licensing has three levels
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) Meetings Edition
This edition is a complete unified communications and video solution. It includes all features in the Standard Edition plus Personal Multiparty Plus unlimited video conferencing – including the new Cisco Meeting Server as well as Cisco TelePresence Server and Conductor, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server on-premises conferencing, session management, and contact center capabilities.
Cisco UWL Standard Edition
Built on the reliable Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform, this edition includes call control, voice messaging, Cisco Expressway, and soft clients. Instant messaging and presence are also included as a perpetual license on premises.
Cisco User Connect Licensing (UCL) Enhanced and Enhanced Plus
A per-user license for the following individual Cisco Unified Communications applications:
• Cisco Unified Communications (including instant messaging and presence and Cisco Jabber desktop and mobile clients)
• Cisco Unity Connection
• Cisco Business Edition
Licensing Options for the Way You Work
Your business isn’t like any others. That’s why we offer a variety of software licensing options to meet your needs, regardless of the size of your business, the way your employees work, and the tools you need.
Depending on the type and number of devices you require, UCL is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions.
• Essential UCL and Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
• Enhanced UCL and Enhanced Plus UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products that support Cisco’s entire portfolio of user devices. They each include a soft client, applications server software, and user licensing. Enhanced UCL covers a single device, and Enhanced Plus allows for two. The licenses also provide on-premises instant messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization. Table 1 describes the four levels of UCL.
What Is Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing? Cisco UWL provides the most popular bundles of Cisco collaboration applications and services in a cost-effective, simple package. Licensed per user, it includes:
• Application server software
• User license
• Soft clients
Cisco Software Support Service is required to access technical support, minor updates, and major software upgrades.
The requirements for Cisco UWL are as follows:
• UWL Meetings Edition licensing requires a minimum of 25 users; the Standard Edition has a minimum of 1 user.
• You can mix UCL with UWL Standard and Meetings Editions.
• A 1-year Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) contract is required. These contracts can be coterminous upon renewal.
More Cisco Licensing Topics