What is the Cisco Intelligent Branch?
What is the Cisco Intelligent Branch? What does it can do for you?
Now Business is going digital, and customers expect multiple ways of interacting with you.
Your competitors are delivering personalized in-store content to visitors over Wi-Fi, such as coupons and sales alerts. Some offer remote consultations and demonstrations.
Staying in the game requires the ability to execute your own creative digital solutions quickly.
You can do exactly that with the Cisco Intelligent Branch, an all-in-one, powerful digital network platform. Use it to deliver digital experiences in stores and at branch offices, where 90 percent of today’s business revenue is generated.1 Deliver differentiating services and new business offers with guest Wi-Fi, rich media content, and cloud applications.
Benefits from the Cisco Intelligent Branch
For Lines of Business:
• Create an immersive digital experience for your workforce and customers.
• Improve mobile, social, and online engagement with customers.
• Gather actionable insights that allow you to build new business offerings.
• Get an ownership cost advantage with a pay-as-yougrow model.
• Protect your investment through license portability.
• Get operational simplicity and automated management.
• Gain a scalable and resilient infrastructure for digital business needs.
One Platform, Many Functions
The Cisco Intelligent Branch combines key IT capabilities in a small-footprint, zero-touch deployment platform that’s SD-WAN ready. It consists of a modular Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router (ISR) running the Cisco Unified Computing System™ E-Series server blade. You can add on network services – wireless LAN, WAN optimization, security, and more – so you can easily activate, change, and replace the functions as your business grows. The Cisco Intelligent Branch works with whatever type of wired or wireless WAN you have.
Intelligent Branch Foundational Components
• Integrated Cisco UCS E-Series server blade
• Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN) architecture
Add-On Network Services
• Cisco Virtual Wide Area Application Services (vWAAS) WAN optimization
• Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall
• Cisco FirePower Virtual Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
• Cisco Virtual Wireless Controller
• Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv)
Use this technology foundation with cloud-based software-as-aservice (SaaS) applications to increase your business agility. You can also use the network as a sensor to protect your business from attack with embedded security. All while gathering intelligence about your users that lets you create new, personalized business offerings and revenue opportunities.
Here are a few sample scenarios for the Cisco Intelligent Branch:
• The bank branch: No mortgage advisor available? Set the customer up with an advisor in another location using telepresence.
• The retail store: Shoppers need help? Use a kiosk and a remote advisor to provide advice. Showcase an e-catalog and enable mobile point of sale on an associate’s tablet. Customers won’t have to stand in long lines anymore.
• The classroom: Stream HD video to students’ tablets so they can attend live classroom sessions from anywhere. Students can also collaborate with each other and with instructors more engagingly in real time, increasing student comprehension.
• The traditional branch office: Use wireless WAN connections to quickly deploy pop-up sites. Empower employees with superior cloud application performance. Increase customer loyalty with mobile and virtual experiences.
“Digital mastery requires companies to acquire, build, and deploy new technology services at speeds that used to be unthinkable. – Digital Predator or Digital Prey?”
Info from http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/at-a-glance-c45-736379.pdf
More Related Cisco Network Topics