Introducing the Cisco Catalyst 2960-CX 8 Port Gigabit Switch
Who are the COOL 2960-CX 8 Port Gigabit Switches? They are:
- Layer 2 compact switches with 8 ports optimized for 1 Gb services
- Up to 124 Watts of Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) power budget per switch
- Fan-less compact design for quiet and efficient operation; flexible mounting options
Yes! The Catalyst 2960-CX Series Switches are fan-less, small form-factor, Gigabit Ethernet switches and are ideal for high-speed data connectivity, Wi-Fi backhaul, and Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity in places where space is at a premium.
Freedom to Connect Devices Anywhere
When you have a tight space, bigger is not always better. So start compact with the 2960-CX 8 port gigabit switch. And expand your network as your company grows. Gain the enterprise features of a larger Cisco switch without using a lot of physical space. Our Catalyst switches bring wired and wireless together through unified access, so you gain scale, security, and mobility.
Features and Capabilities
Created for organizations where space is tight, the compact 2960-CX switch is a powerful 8 port gigabit switch. Because it’s small, you can place it outside the wiring closet. It has a quiet, fan-less design so it’s silent. And it has flexible mounting options.
With a setup that allows for shorter cable runs from the switch, new devices can easily join the network. Shorter cables reduce the need for expensive and inflexible cabling.
Whether in a hospital, retail store, office, classroom, or branch location, this 8 port gigabit switch supports IP connections for devices with PoE+. You don’t need to install new electrical circuits to power your access points and other devices, such as:
- IP phones
- Wireless access points
- Surveillance cameras
- Video endpoints
Specifications at a Glance
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
- 2 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet copper and small form-factor pluggable (SFP) uplinks
- PoE+ support with up to 124W of PoE budget
- Advanced Layer 2 (LAN Base) support