About Cisco ASR 9000 Series & vDDoS Protection Solution
Aggregation Services Router (ASR) offers the industry’s highest density Carrier Ethernet system, with superior edge and aggregation performance.
The Cisco ASR 9000 series routers are the cornerstone of modern Edge and Carrier Ethernet networks.
Network traffic surges. Links saturate. Systems overload. Customer complaints flood the call centers. What’s going on? One possibility is a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
Cisco ASR 9000 virtual DDoS (vDDoS) protection defends your network against DDoS attacks by embedding Arbor Networks DDoS detection and mitigation technology into your Cisco network. You can automatically mitigate all types of DDoS attacks against your network or your customers’ networks. The solution protects your network against different types of DDoS attacks—such as volumetric, state exhaustion, and application layer attacks—helping to ensure its continued availability.
And you can also use the capability to provide DDoS protection services to your customers to increase your revenue and retain customers.
The ASR 9000 powers a virtual Peakflow Threat Management System on its Virtualized Services Module (VSM), so you can deliver DDoS protection services to market fast.
• Add distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection to Cisco ASR 9000 deployments with no extra rack space, power, or cooling requirements.
• Combine existing Arbor Threat Management System appliances with comprehensive vDDoS protection.
• Distribute DDoS protection to the network edge to avoid backhauling traffic across backbones to regional scrubbing centers.
• Deliver DDoS protection services faster on the ASR’s Virtualized Service Module (VSM).
• Mitigate attacks using Peakflow workflows to protect your availability and manage your Peakflow and vDDoS protection deployments.
Detection at the Edge
The ASR 9000 vDDoS protection solution unleashes the power of the Cisco ASR 9000 to stop DDoS attacks at the network edge. All before attacks can pass into your network and your customers’, consume critical bandwidth, and cause collateral damage. Normal traffic passes uninterrupted.
This approach eliminates the need to route attack traffic across your backbone to centralized scrubbing centers for cleansing. And it keeps your network edge from getting congested.
Unlike other DDoS solutions, Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS protection is a virtualized, network-embedded DDoS solution. Detection and centralized management take place through the Arbor Networks Peakflow GUI and its workflows.
Increase the ROI of your existing Cisco ASR 9000 router deployment with virtual DDoS protection – of your own network and that of your customers in the form of new services – without needing any additional rack space, power, or cooling.
What You Buy
● Cisco ASR 9000 Series router (models: ASR 9006 Router, ASR 9010 Router, ASR 9912 Router, or ASR 9922 Router)
● Cisco ASR 9000 Series VSM
● Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS Protection
● Arbor Networks Peakflow
● Support for all components
● Arbor Networks AIF subscription
● DDoS attack detection in as little as one second
● Up to 40 Gbps of mitigation through the ASR 9000 Series VSM
● Up to tens of terabytes per second of blacklisting
● Deployments scale for Tier 1 service provider networks
● Multitenant customer portal
…If you want to read more about the Cisco ASR 9000 vDDoS Protection Solution, such as DDoS Detection and Mitigation-How it works, models and Options available, you can refer to the Cisco’s page:
More Cisco Router Topics…