Cisco Mobility Express Solution for K-12
What does the Cisco Mobility Express Solution can do for you? It sounds good that Cisco Mobility Express Solution can easily help you deploy a wireless network with all Cisco advanced wireless innovations, using a simple, over-the-air configuration interface.
Nowadays, at your school, students might be using digital textbooks. And you might be required to provide a tablet or laptop for every student. Network connections will probably be wireless for the flexibility to use devices from anywhere on campus. Faculty and administrative personnel, too, rely on wireless networking for internal communications that are part of their jobs.
If your IT staff is tiny or nonexistent, how can you deploy and manage the wireless network? Especially if there are multiple schools scattered throughout the district to cover?
Cisco Mobility Express Solution targets just such situations. Mobility Express is built into Cisco Aironet 1850 and 1830 Series Access Points, which support 802.11ac Wave 2. Wave 2 is the very latest Wi-Fi standard, supporting gigabit speeds and protecting your Wi-Fi access point investment into the future.
- Ideal for schools needing up to 25 Wi-Fi access points
- Supports Cisco’s industry-leading features with no price premium
- Non-IT personnel can set up the wireless network in less than 10 minutes
- Three-step, wizard-based setup means no command lines to learn
- Delivers 802.11ac Wave 2, the latest and fastest wireless LAN technology on the market
- Bundles virtual WLAN controller management capabilities into the AP at no extra cost
- Cisco Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) can be added to boost customer engagement and give you presence-based analytics
Be Prepared for Wave 2 Client Devices--New 802.11ac Wave 2 client devices will soon appear on your network as students, faculty, and staff upgrade their smartphones and tablets.
Installing a Wave 2 Wi-Fi access point prepares you to deliver the most robust performance possible to them from day one. Turn to Cisco, a leader in helping advance the 802.11ac specifications, to help you stay ahead of the growing Wi-Fi traffic volumes that the new devices will generate.
1, 2, 3, and You’re Up
Supported on the Cisco Aironet 1850 and 1830 Series Access Points, the Mobility Express Solution lets you deploy your wireless LAN in less than 10 minutes. You can simultaneosly configure multiple Aironet access points with industry best-practice settings already enabled by default. Follow just three steps to configure your network:
- Connect to an 1850 or 1830 access point using any wireless device
- Use the Cisco WLAN Express Setup Wizard to configure multiple access points simultaneously. Your wireless network can contain a mix of Cisco Aironet 1850, 1830, 1600, 2600, 3600, 1700, 2700 and 3700 Series Access Points. You just need an 1850 or 1830 for the control function.
- Access the management dashboard – available via a browser or a mobile app – to operate, monitor, and troubleshoot your network.
When you want to access your Mobility Express dashboard from your mobile device, use the Cisco Wireless app, available at the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Using a virtual wireless LAN controller built right into the Cisco Aironet 1850 and 1830 access points, you can manage all your access points from a central console. You can easily manage up to 25 APs and 500 clients for each Mobility Express virtual controller you deploy. That means if you are a smaller venue, you can now deliver the same quality user experiences as large enterprises. There’s no price premium, and you don’t have to understand command-line interfaces.
There’s no longer the burden of having to manage autonomous APs one at a time, and no need to invest in a separate WLAN controller appliance for management.
To learn more about Cisco Mobility Express Solution, Cisco Aironet 1850 and 1830 Series Access Points, and 802.11ac Wave 2, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/mobilityexpress.
Original from http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/at-a-glance-c45-734261.pdf