What’s The New of Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E Chassis?
Two new redundant chassis, the Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E had been introduced to Cisco Catalyst 4500E family. What’s the new of them? WS-C4507R+E, as the name, is a new 7-slot redundant chassis. And WS-C4510R+E, is a 10-slot redundant chassis. WS-C4507R+E continues to support five line card slots and two supervisor slots, like the WS-C4507R-E chassis. Similarly, the WS-C4510R+E chassis continues to support eight line card slots and two supervisor slots, like the WS-C4510R-E chassis.
Compared to the previous WS-C4507R-E and WS-C4510R-E (they are End-of-Sale & End-of-Life), the new WS-C4507R+E and WS-C4510R+E chassis support 48 Gbps bandwidth per line card slot. Also, WS-C4503-E and WS-C4506-E are already capable of supporting 48 Gbps bandwidth per line card slot.
The Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E chassis offer the following benefits:
• Bandwidth capacity: The new chassis are capable of providing up to 848 Gbps switching capacity at 48 Gb per slot. This provides investment protection and the capability to meet future high-bandwidth requirements in the network.
• Redundant power supplies: The Cisco Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E chassis have two bays for the power supplies to help maximize system uptime.
• Redundant supervisor engines: To facilitate nonstop operations, the new chassis have two dedicated slots for supervisor engines.
• AC and DC power options: The new chassis support both AC and DC power supply options. For AC power, 1300 watts (W), 1400W, 2800W, 4200W, and 6000W power supplies are available. For DC power, 1400W DC power supplies are available.
• Standards compliance: The Cisco Catalyst 407R+E and 4510R+E comply with Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS).
WS-C4507R+E and WS-C4510R+E, both support Supervisor Engine 8-E, Supervisor Engine 7L-E and Supervisor Engine 7-E.
Note: Refer to your software release notes for the minimum software release versions required to support the supervisor engines.
- Supervisor engines must be installed in slot 3 or in slot 4.
- Supervisor engine redundancy is supported in this chassis.
Note: The Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E switch supports 1+1 supervisor-engine redundancy. With the support of stateful switchover (SSO), the secondary supervisor engine serves as a backup to immediately take over after a primary supervisor failure. During the switchover, Layer 2 links are maintained transparently without the need to renegotiate sessions.
The Catalyst 4507R+E and 4510R+E switch support one or two power supplies. The following power supplies are supported:
–1000 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-1000AC)
–1400 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-1400AC)
–1300 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-1300ACV)
–2800 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-2800ACV)
–4200 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-4200ACV)
–6000 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-6000ACV)
–9000 W AC-input power supply (PWR-C45-9000ACV)
–1400 W DC-input power supply, triple-input (PWR-C45-1400DC)
–1400 W DC-input power supply with integrated PEM (PWR-C45-1400DC-P)
–External AC power shelf (WS-P4502-1PSU)
- All Catalyst 4500 series AC-input power supplies require single-phase source AC.
- Source AC can be out of phase between multiple power supplies or multiple AC-power plugs on the same power supply because all AC power supply inputs are isolated.
- Single power supplies are installed in the left power supply bay. The second power supply is installed in the right power supply bay.
Note: For proper operation of the power supply OUTPUT FAIL LED, systems with single power supplies must be configured with a minimum of one fan tray and one supervisor engine. Systems with dual power supplies must have a minimum configuration of one fan tray, one supervisor engine, and one additional module. Failure to meet these minimum configuration requirements can cause a false power supply output fail signal.
…More info: Some simple questions about the New Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series Redundant Chassis you can read here
More Related Cisco 4500E Topics